For every rider, modifying a motorcycle may be a way to express one's personality and show one's self. After all, motorcycles produced on the assembly line are too lacking in personalization, so you can add "value" to make them look different from other people's cars, and add "energy" to make them drive at the speed you want.
In addition to the skill and patience required to build a new motorcycle, it is important to have a dedicated heart. To avoid unnecessary misconceptions in the process of modification, we share with you below, where it is necessary to change the motorcycle modification and how to change it to make the motorcycle faster.
The most necessary places for motorcycle modification
1. Motorcycle handguard modification
We all know that hand protection can protect your hands from flying stones, which is important in the summer.
Secondly, the most critical thing is that in case of riding down, on the one hand, it can protect your hand, on the other hand, protect your brake handlebar and clutch handlebar will not easily break off, and will not produce additional damage to your hand! Finally, for the choice of the hand guard, be sure to choose the inside with a metal rod support, the stronger the metal rod the better.
2. The most important double flashing alarm
The double flash alarm is too useful, whether you are parked on the side of the road, or on a rainy day riding, a double flash alarm, may unknowingly save countless lives Oh! Think about it, in the dark rainy night, a nasty car is trailing you, your motorcycle that small and dark taillight did not attract his attention, and so see you when it is too late to slow down ...... dare not think about it, if your car does not have a double flashing alarm, hurry up and install one! In addition, it is best to put some reflective stickers on the back and side of your car, riding clothes can also preferably have a reflective function, which is the same as the role of the double flash alarm so that others can see you, it is much safer.
3. Install the rear side frame (for some motorists)
The installation of the rear side shelf does not apply to all motorists, mainly for those who need it, especially rally riders or ride long-distance riders, the rear side shelf almost undoubtedly needs to be installed, after all, to load so much luggage, no side box not.
But for commuters, the rear side racks do not seem to be so useful. The rear side shelf can not only play a role in the installation of the side box, even if not normally used, once the car is down but also to the rear of the car to play the role of a bumper, you do not want to let the car paint damage because of a reverse in place, right? And when riding a small long distance, with the rear side frame fixed side bag is also a good choice, especially for those high exhaust motorcycle, side frame can also let the bag and exhaust a certain interval, exhaust the bag directly baked on fire instances are not few. Anyway, safety first, this is always true! In addition, the optional side box sometimes needs to be careful, because the installation of the side box will increase wind resistance, which in some cases will increase insecurity.
4. Motorcycle bottom guard
This is not for all motorcycles. Except for rally bikes, few motorcycles are equipped with bottom guards, and this configuration seems to have become the patent of rally or motocross bikes. However, even for street bikes, it is useful to install a bottom guard, because there are so many places where speed bumps are frighteningly high, or where there is an accidental protrusion on the ground. Do not think that the engine oil pan is rock solid, many cars' engine oil pan knock on the leak, and even let your engine bottom directly scrap. A bottom guard, and does not affect the aesthetics, why not do it?
Illegal modifications are not allowed, but some parts of the modification are allowed, such as high-performance spark plugs, qualified hernia headlights, stickers on the body, handlebar guards, license plate frame, color change, LED, and so on.
How to change will make the motorcycle speed faster?
1. Change the exhaust pipe (where legal)
Changing to a straight exhaust can theoretically increase power by 15%, which is excellent for improving speed.
2. Change the carburetor
There are several ways to change the carburetor in general.
(1) change the carburetor to a larger caliber.
(2) optimize the existing carburetor main volume hole (appropriate to increase), optimize the carburetor main oil needle (re-polishing the fuel supply curve), and finally adjust the mixing ratio, change the high flow air filter, so the engine can be basically on the line, the engine can improve a minimum of 15 to 20 percent of the power, but these enhancements alone is not possible, the transmission ratio must also be modified.
3. Increase the compression ratio
There are many ways to increase the compression ratio: you can weld the cylinder head, you can change the tip of the piston, and you can change the ultra-thin cylinder gasket. Among them, changing the ultra-thin mid-cylinder gasket is the safest, but the effect is also the worst, suitable for motorists who have no modification experience to try.
4. Polish the air intake
Some small displacement cars have a rough inner wall of the intake tract, when the mixture enters the intake tract, there will be a certain amount of gas attached to the top of the intake tract. If the intake tract is smooth, it can improve fuel efficiency, thus improving performance and reducing fuel consumption. But polishing the intake tract is time-consuming and requires a certain degree of patience!
5. Change the ignition curve
Generally, there is a ready-made ignition without a speed limit on the market that can be purchased according to the model directly after use and can improve the top speed by 5-15 yards, if you want to run faster, you can change the compression ratio in the front based on the new adjustment. Generally, after changing the compression ratio the ignition curve will not be able to adapt to the new compression ratio, it will be easy to start the rebound and return to the oil release phenomenon, so you can improve the effectiveness of a high compression ratio by improving the ignition system.
Motorcycle modification precautions
- For carburetor conversions, the intake manifold needs to be changed only for 24mm bore and above, while the intake manifold does not need to be changed for 20mm or 22mm bore carburetors.
- Modification of carburetor is not the larger the better, a very large carburetor may cause excessive air intake, both fuel consumption and affect performance. Modified carburetor, generally for JOG car modified 47MM and so on (70cc) carburetor with 24MM carburetor is enough.
- Modification is not the larger the displacement the better, the heavier the spring the better, the lighter the bead the better, to a balanced, do not blindly pursue modification, must be a rational modification.
- The carburetor of the original car is an electronic damper, it will automatically open and close the damper, while the carburetor of the modified car is no such device, sometimes the cool car needs to start manually open and close the damper.
- 3.50-10 rear tires can not be used in the DIO series, but the ZX can be installed, and Yamaha's 50 engines whether several generations are generally perfectly installed.
- The transmission above the spring said 1000 spring is not that from 1000 rpm start, but that the spring than the original plus 1000 rpm, so the original car should not blindly change the spring, your car may not be pushed.
- Do not blindly change the air filter, the air filter may make your car's performance increase, but you lose is the durability of your car. They can't filter the air as clean as the original air filter, so the longer you use it, the less energy your car will have, and the dust from the air intake will be like sandpaper when you drive every day to polish your cylinder.
- Do not blindly change the straight-through exhaust.